The orbits shown in the applet are color coded. The bright white line indicates the portion of the orbit that is above the ecliptic plane,
while the darker portion is below the ecliptic plane.
Java applet courtesy Osamu Ajiki, AstroArts Inc.
, Tokyo, Japan.
Requires Java Runtime Environment
for your browser.
Since Java versions 7 and 8 only high and strict security levels are available, in that this applet may not show up.
A possible workaround is adding the URL of this website to the exception list in Java settings.
Steps to Add This URL to the Java Exception Site list:
- Go to the Java Control Panel
- On Windows, Click Start and then Configure Java
- On Macintosh, Go to Systems Preferences and click on the Java button
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Edit Site List button
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the following URL:
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog
- Restart your web browser
Problem with Chrome is a known issue under investigation.